Tuesday, March 3, 2009

WILD CHILD

So, this week I have two groups of photos.
Old Man Markley & Erin.

The Old Man Markley group was an attempt at playing with light and movement in a setting where I could not control the movement and had to go with the flow. Also, in terms of diversity in Los Angeles, I like the grittiness of Molly Malones. It's a hole in the wall and so easy to miss. I only go there to see bands that I know so I always feel really comfortable there--I also have found that I only go there during the mid-week or on Sunday's, so it becomes this kind of guilty pleasure, non-weekender, escape from reality kind of place.

Erin's photos are a perfect example of the comforts of home that Los Angeles brings me. Fucking around on a Wednesday night and becoming inspired by the nothingness that we do together--which ultimately becomes this grand somethingness, followed by Lost and Nip/Tuck. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment