Friday, January 22, 2010

C'EST L'AMOUR : HEARD OF ELEPHANTS


Aaron

Marissa

These are the three paintings I'm working on for the Heard of Elephants show on FEBRUARY 6TH AT 7 OCLOCK AT Synchronicity Space 4306 Melrose Ave Los Angeles, CA 90029! Did the bold catch your attention? It's powerful that way.

Anyway I'm working on a self portrait, a portrait of Marissa (my lovely sister) and Aaron. I'm half sorry about the quality of the photos and half not at all because I think you should all just come to the show and see them for real. Consider this a fuzzy pixelated teaser. I've been really into painting portraits, gravitated towards them pretty exclusively... although I guess these are a little different. There's no full face in any of them... They're all cut off in some way. In mine the head is completely out of the frame because I was jumping on a trampoline. If you come to the show I'll tell you the stories behind each painting. As that is the most exciting part.

4 comments:

  1. I miss you dammit.

    Thats it, we're coming to visit you this year.

    Love, light and peas my chicken

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps tell your word verification for comments to stop making me spell "phyph". pretty sure its fiff. kind of the like the ghetto way of saying 5th. like the guy who lived on the fiff flo in martin. hahaha. remember him. might have been before your time. i was like 6 and you were 5. haha. maybe you were even celebrating your "fiff" birfday! woo! okay read my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley thank you thank you! I'll work on the facebook thing. martiiiiiin!

    ReplyDelete