Tuesday, February 2, 2010

NAKED PAINTING


I've painted Yves St Laurent's Piet Mondrian's dress onto my naked body.
I'm embarking on a new project with Aaron. I haven't come up with a name for it yet. As of now I'm just referring to it as the modern art body painting project. As this is exactly what it is.

In the last year or so, I've been trying desperately to appreciate and understand modern art, more specifically abstract expressionism. I've gone to countless museums, spent time at the Pompidou Center in Paris, the Tate Modern in London (how pretentious am I?), MoMa in NY and I concluded that perhaps I just don't like it. This is a fair conclusion to a year long expedition in appreciation, yet completely unsatisfying, and clearly there is something about it that I'm drawn to that I just can't figure out.

If you stumble upon this blog everynow and then, you've probably noticed that I work on costume and styling projects for photography and theatre as well as random painting projects. This project is my way of fusing the two, while also using the part of modern art that I seem dig so very much. I guess I'll just figure that out on the way.

SO : CALLING ALL BEAUTIFUL WOMEN, CAN I PAINT YOUR BODIES? Sure, I have fun being photographed like this, but in being the one photographed, I'm restricted to the detail in which I can paint and play and create. If you're interested in being painted, please contact me. I'd love to paint you.

No comments:

Post a Comment