Sunday, March 21, 2010

PISSA PAINTS



Last week we painted my sister Marissa. I want to replace the image of me with her for the show. There's something a little too self indulgent, even for me, to put my partly naked self in something. Maybe one day, but not now.

I still wanted to used Mondrian as a piece in the collection and also figure out how to do it with out it seeming too similar to the Yves St. Laurent dress from the 1960s. We found this painting called "Broadway Boogie Woogie" that was far enough away from the Mondrian we all know and love (the three colors, the big geometric rectangles and squares) while also completely recognizable as the artist.

Anyway, it went well. Marissa was great, as she often is. She's been subject to my photography practice time and time again and she never ceases to amaze me.

Good work Piss, oh and I miss you terribly and please come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment